Thursday, September 10, 2020

Covid Can't Even Delay Storytelling!





As we were being locked down across the country, many storytellers were asking:

What Now?





In that simple question, there were lots of other questions.

How will we make a living?
How will we do this art form at all?
How long will the world be unsafe?

There was a certain amount of despair and a large amount of panic.

Our next question was:

What's Next?

We embraced that question all over the place.

Online performances went live!








Storytellers are learning how to make art, share our work, and find audiences that are just as hungry for us as we are for them.

Artists Standing Strong Together and other online groups found their feet and started connecting people from various parts of the storytelling world with each other.

What did all of this wild change mean?


We suddenly had access to international performers we could never see live!



Some of us have been lamenting the lack of being able to have our big festivals. 

Well, there is no need to lament! The Big Festivals Are Still Happening! 








Guess how much all of that will cost you? Guess!

Not even close.


$25

Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it.








Who is going to be telling this year? EVERYBODY!

This can easily become a $1,500 dollar weekend. How much will it cost this year? 

$50


Not only that, but you can also do the whole thing from your living room, your kitchen, heck, you could watch it from bed!



=Hit this link to see more online treasure throughout the storytelling virtual world on The NEST Calendar if you didn't do it already!


On to other matters.....

I know I have not done much blogging during these crazy times, but I have been trying to reform my own business model. Now that I have a little more knowledge in me about how to make this work, I have some information to offer.

I will be blogging more about the business of storytelling in the time of COVID. In fact, that is what my next series is going to be dedicated to doing.

I am going to answer the questions I have been fielding, explain how I transformed residencies into online products, and go into detail about how we marketed this product, how we figured out what we wanted to do, and offer as much information as I can about this new world of work.

I am of the opinion it will be at least 2 years before we are back up to capacity in a safe way. Even after that, I don't think virtual telling will ever go away.

Let us march forward with both of these great skills under our belt.

You can't stop storytellers when stories are on the line.

Heck, you can't even delay us! 

Happy Virtual Telling!



No comments:

Post a Comment