|I love my gorgeous silver hair!|
I lost track of lots of things over the last year and a half.
- I forgot that the world is really big
- I forgot how much fun it is to "play" with people in person.
- I forgot that hearing a room full of adults who have no connection to storytelling not only fall in love with it, but be transported by it is like jumping over the moon.
- I forgot that I really, desperately need to have physical contact with other storytellers.
- I forgot that I really, desperately need to have physical contact with other writers.
|Stenciled on the crosswalks!|
- I forgot how much this work is like my blood. Without it...
- I have missed being transported while I sit with others
- I have missed being with people who work in story who are not storytellers!
- I have missed being...well...plugged into life.
I'm in Florida at the NCSL - The National Conference of State Legislatures
|I was on a panel with Dr. Ben Sawyer|
I don't remember the world being this big.
I don't remember the world being this small.
I don't remember ever wanting to weep simply at the fullness of being alive.
I Ubered for the first time.
I spoke to legislators about the power of story.
|The room turned out not to be big enough!|
The world is still spinning and we still have a chance to make it a place we can all share.
Today, I spent an hour with Republicans and Democrats who came to listen to Ben Sawyer and I talk about stories.
I told a roomful of lawmakers they better not think about cutting funds to libraries.
I told a roomful of lawmakers that I wasn't less of an American because I like fancy cheese.
We laughed, listened, and shared ourselves for an hour and nobody have a damn where we were from, what our history was or how we got there. We were all Americans and we were all there to find ways to go forward.
I love stories. At least I didn't forget that.
I also love trying fancy new food at shishi restaurants! I didn't forget that either!
|Scallops and Shrimp from Anchor and Brine. This was soo good!|
Happy Living to Tell -