Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Art of Procrastination: How Do You Roll?




When I have a writing deadline, my house gets really, really clean.






When I have a writing project I should be doing, I watch a ton of Netflix.





When I have a writing project that is actually kind of important to me, but I know it is going to take me a while to finish it, and it is going to require outside sources, research, and learning tons of new stuff as I go through it, Facebook becomes a really important factor in my life.




When I have a writing project that is probably important to my career, I've given myself a personal deadline of May, I really should be working on it especially since I have this week off, I know it is going to take a while to finish, it requires outside sources, lots of research, learning tons of new stuff as I go, and I already know the style, structure, and outline of the project....



I really would like to talk more about this, but I have to do the floors; hang out the wash; I'm in the middle of binge watching Crossing Lines on Netflix; and I just heard that tell tale bing that says I got a new message from the really intense discussion I'm having with somebody about a politically fraught subject on Facebook.





















Maybe I'll get to that book I'm writing about language and literacy building today...maybe I won't.

See you Next Week.

Happy Procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment