Saturday, July 13, 2019

Youth Educators and Storyteller's Alliance - YES! 11 Days To Go!

National Storytelling Summit


The Summit Is Coming! the summit is coming! the summit is coming! the summit is coming!

                                                           July 25th - 28th


I belong to the Youth, Educators, and Storyteller's Alliance/Stories in Higher Education Special Interest Group, or SIG.

We specialize in using storytelling in education for every person on their lifelong journey through learning.

Do you belong to a SIG?

If not, there are quite a few possible options.

https://storynet.org/groups/


I am a member of YES! I hope you are too.

 If Yes, Hooray! Glad you are on board!

You are eligible to participate in our mentorship program!

If No, click the link to see what we are about.



Do you have questions about performance in educational settings?

-How does one get started in this aspect of storytelling?
-How do you find work?
-What are effective ways to work with kids in schools?
-What kind of stories should I tell?
-How beneficial are showcases?
-What are showcases?
-What should I charge?
-What are some resources?
-What kinds of stories work best for different ages?
-Should I teach residencies?
-How do I write a lesson plan?
-How much work do I need to do with the teachers?
-Can you make a living only working in schools?
-I don’t work in schools, but now I’m curious.



Are you interested in using storytelling in your work with youth?

I am an educator, and I want…

-To use storytelling to make my lessons more engaging!
-To use storytelling to help my students become better public speakers.
-To learn to tell better stories!
-To start a storytelling club!
- To use storytelling to create community in the classroom.
- To teach my students to tell stories. What should I be expecting of them?

-MY SCHOOL CUT ARTS FUNDING! NOW I HAVE TO USE ARTS STANDARDS IN THE CLASSROOM.

-HOW DO I INTEGRATE STORYTELLING INTO THE CURRICULUM I AM ALREADY TEACHING?



If you have had questions like these, observations or thoughts about working with stories in educational settings, but few answers, then YES is the place for you!

Would You Like a Mentor to Help You Tackle Your Questions about Storytelling in Education?

If you are already a member, you have the opportunity to work with a mentor if you want one!

If you are not a member and getting a mentor to help you through some of these questions sounds like a good idea, click the link below!



We offer four hours of mentoring over the course of two months – FOR FREE! If you want or need more, then you can work out an arrangement with your mentor.

Here is a list of storytellers who offer mentoring opportunities for YES!


Don’t let another day go by with unanswered questions. Let our YES Mentors help you today!

"Wait a minute!" you might say. "All of these links are fine, but want to talk to someone in person!"

Well, you are in luck!

YES is going to be hosting a "Stump The Pros" panel at the summit! Come and ask us questions. We might not have all of the answers, but between us...there isn't much we don't know about working with stories in education!

See you in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment