Sunday, July 14, 2019

Ten Days To The Storytelling Summit: Good Stuff!

Ten Days To Go!


I know, I know. You are wondering, "Why should I be on site for this? What is the big deal?"


Susan O'halloran
I suppose that depends on your interests...

Want to partake of some Susan O'halloran?   That's right. I started with something huge.

Now you're thinking, "Slow your roll, girl! You put everything on the table! You started with your aces. How are you going to top that?"

Others might be saying, "I have no interest in building strong, diverse, compassionate, understanding communities in the world! What else have you got?"

George Dawes Green




Well...there is the keynote speaker this year. He might interest some people. His name is George Dawes Green.  Apparently, he founded something called The Moth. Some of you may have heard of it.








I know, I know, that isn't everybody's cup of tea either.

So, I didn't mention the Master Classes. They will be taught by a range of storytellers and they will cover topics like podcasting - a thing about which I know nothing, the power and art of storytelling: The Griot's Gift - I'm going to this one because Charlotte Blake Alston.





Click on the Master Class Link to see them all!

Doubtless, there are still those of you saying, "So what? I just want some storytelling. That's all I'm about!"

Well, that isn't a problem.

There will be loads of storytelling. In fact, there are fringe shows. You know, those shows you won't find on offer during the kid's hour. The after hours, intimate tellings that are often on the cusp of risky or downright risky? Finge!

Jeff Gere, Cynthia Changaris, Ann Harding, Dorothy Cleveland and Barbara Schutzgruber, and Norah Dooley will be strutting their stuff.
Jeff Gere

Here is the complete list of Fringe shows. Something might tickle your fancy!

Oh, and just in case you were wondering...that's just THURSDAY!

How is that for an opening?

Come! Join Us! Trust me, there is something here for everyone!



DW



No comments:

Post a Comment