Thursday, June 26, 2014

Coming Attractions For July! Lyn Ford - Common Core for Empathy




July 10th 2014


Storytelling:  A Common Core for Empathy





Lyn Ford is an amazingly versatile teller who is also a huge education advocate.  She has a wonderful, soulful voice and a powerful presence.  In her entry, she takes on the Common Core Standards, and shows how the philosophies used to create them are trying to force us into an educational system that looks deeper than the surface of instructional material.  Common Core tries to find connections with the past and present that could help us move into a brighter future.  There is more to learning than just memorizing something for a test!

I've known Lyn for more years than I care to count.  She is someone I always look forward to seeing because she has one of the most grounded souls I've ever encountered.  Watching her makes you smile, think and trust.  There is a quality about her that is both soothing and intriguing.  Find her if you can and take a seat!


Lyn is also an author and a contributor to articles, anthologies in the storytelling world.  Here is her latest!  Affrilachian Tales.





Check her out telling about that Signifying Monkey!








Happy Learning!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice sharing I am impressed! Your shared information is very helpful for all blog readers. Professionally I am a tourist and visited a lot of beautiful and attractive places around the world. I really enjoyed while I am reading your blog. In these days I am planning a new york to niagara falls with my family. I always in search of such type of blogs because these are helpful for me during my trips.

    ReplyDelete